Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Days are here again!

Othello is over! Yay! Nothing against the Bard, but I'd much rather read his sonnets or his comedies than his tragedies.

Quite honestly, I'd much rather read ANYTHING than a tragedy. My husband always gets annoyed because I don't want to go to the movies or watch things on TV. Partly, that's because if I have two free hours I'd much rather spend them reading than watching someone else's interpretation of something. But even more than that, so much of what he wants to watch is just plain depressing.

I know I'm far too sensitive for my own good. I've always been that way, hence the reason I've never watched much TV. I mean, my mom had to stop me watching Captain Kangeroo because I got so upset I got nightmares after watching him get picked on. I seriously, seriously cannot stand bullying--emotionally or physically or even psychologically. When I see abuse of any sort it completely floors me for DAYS. I mean weeks and weeks I think about things and get upset.

Maybe that's why I became a writer in the first place. As a child I needed to create a world where I could control who got hurt and who didn't. The bad guys always lose and the good guy always gets the girl.

Reality is overrated. . .

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Iago is evil personified -- evil just for the sake of being evil.

    Great villain. Poor Desdemona.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home