Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, September 11, 2006

To Blog or not to Blog

It's 9/11
My sister is in the army
I was a firefighter/EMT
My husband still is a firefighter
Several of my friends live in NYC and the surrounding areas.

Do I blog about 9/11/01?

I still have a hard time remembering that day without getting anxious or choked up. I deal with it by flying my American flag, wearing red, whit, and blue and telling my daughters that it's important to remember the brave emergency personnel and people who died that day. I try not to scare them but just tell them to remember the families of those who died in their prayers.

My husband watches all the news coverage non-stop.
I shut off all TV and radio today.

On 9/11/01 I was pregnant with my third child. My father was in Chicago and my husband was on his way to NYC for his new job. The weekend before, we went to our friends' house on Long Island, on the way we were stuck in traffic and pointed out the Twin Towers to the girls. We could see them from the bridge because they stood out on the sky line.

I remember being in the car on the way to my mother's when everything happened. My mom couldn't get in touch with my dad and I couldn't get in touch with my husband because all the cell service had been shut down.

Just remembering it makes my heart race and hands shake all over again.

I have no idea how people who lost loved ones in NY, PA, or D.C. handle this day.

As I stood outside and waited for the bus with my oldest two daughters, I looked up into the beautiful, cloudless, blue sky and thought about how it was a clear day that day too.

My heartfelt prayers go out to all of those touched by 9/11
I hope we never forget the sacrifices made that day.

But for me, I'm going to kiss my family and thank God I still have them, and try to forget. . .

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home