Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Home again

The National conference is over, and now I'm back to blogging about my boring life. I guess I can't really call it boring because I'm constantly busy, but I seem to be constantly busy doing mommy things. I've had a lot of company, thrown some parties, entertained in-laws, taken children on day trips, and basically run all over the state of CT since I've been home from Atlanta.

Not exactly the same thing as dancing at the Ritz. . .

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately for my waistline and liver, this is my life. I am a mommy first and formost. I imagine my kids will always come first for me, even when the Ari part of me is screaming to get out. I wonder if male writers have these same issues?

Do men worry about balancing their kids and their careers? Do they agonize over every trip, worrying that they're scarring their children for life?

Somehow, I just don't think so. I imagine there are men who do, but I think being neurotic about things lies largely in the female camp. Aren't we lucky????

What do you think? Do you know any male writers who freak about going to conferences? If you do, send them to my blog so I can hear what they have to say!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home