Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Take 2

Okay, by putting two pictures in I couldn't post anything, so I'll try again. The following pictures are of Kris Starr and I and Joanne Rock and I at the Rita Awards Ceremony. Unlike last year, this year's ceremony was lighthearted and very funny, and blessedly only two hours long. (Thank you Jesus!)

It was a great night for many of my friends, I was so excited when DIANA LOVE SNELL and STEPHANIE FAEGAN won Ritas I literally jumped out of my seat and screamed. Loud. Twice. I'm sure I annoyed everyone in my general area. I was absolutely thrilled to see two of my good friends win awards with their first books. It was especially exciting for me to see Steph win because when she finaled in the Ritas, someone had the very poor taste to say, on their blog, they couldn't believe her book had finaled.

HA! TAKE THAT!

Linnea Sinclair won a Rita as well, and that was fantastic too as she is an e-pubbed author and it gave me a slight bit of vindication in my petty little heart, hahaha.

After the awards we got a little silly, as is par for the course. By the end of the conference we're all suffering severe sleep deprivation and the bittersweet realization that it might be a year or more before we see each other again.

We had a lot of fun taking silly pictures of our friend Lisa Joy's butt (she had an awesome gown with a really cool back) and Kathy Love and Julie Cohen got silly too. (what a shock) By the time we said our good-byes and good nights, it was after midnight and Kris and I had to head out early the next morning for the airport. This year we didn't stay up all night like last year, which turned out to be a very good idea as 7:00 am came very early the next morning.

I'm hoping to get some more pictures and will hopefully get to post them before the turn of the century. . .

1 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    Oh, I can't believe someone would say that about Stef finaling! Hmph. I think her win is very well deserved. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person and yes, her talent showed in those books.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home