Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Down South

I'm sorry for not posting sooner, I had planned on regaling you with tales of my exploits at RWA, but I don't have any pictures yet, and I kind of want to put those up with my stories so the tell all blog will have to wait.

In the meantime, I can tell you about going down south for this northener. My sister lives about an hour outside of Atlanta so I went down a few days early to spend some time with her and her family first.

My niece turned 18 *sob* on that Monday, so it worked out perfectly. I couldn't wait to get there and see everyone for a few days.

Let me just tell you, there's a reason they call it Hotlanta.

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!

I stepped out of the airport with my baggage to wait for my sister to pick me up and I felt like something big licked me. Now we've been having a heat wave in CT with temperatures in the upper 90's and high humidity, but it was nothing like this.

This was like trying to breathe water. Hot water. Thick, hot water. I broke into a sweat just standing there in the shade.

How do people live like that on a regular basis? I know everyone says that everything is air conditioned down there, but what if you have to walk the dog or do yard work? My niece actually went RUNNING in that weather. I got light headed walking around the house. and this was at 7:00!!!

What about the road construction crews? Or firefighters or cops? My eyeballs almost roasted inside my head and I was wearing shorts and a tank top the whole time!

It kind of makes winter look damn attractive. . .
Remind me of that when I'm whining about it being so freaking cold and snowy here in four months, hahahahaha

Okay, hopefully I'll have pictures for you tomorrow!
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home