Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Relaxation

I am trying hard to find new ways to relax. My personality doesn't lend itself easily to relaxation. I tend to be in a state of constant motion unless I'm hanging out with friends or reading a book.

I do read a lot of books, but that's not my point, hahaha.

I've been somewhat stressed trying to juggle all my responsibilities and still be nice to my family. In order to sooth my whirling thoughts, I've surrounded myself with peaceful things. I have plants and fairy pictures and candles and a Zen garden around my work area. And I just bought some guppies.

I love my little guppies. My husband has a huge fish tank, and the girls each got small ones for their recital present, but no one wanted to buy guppies. So, I bought them myself. And the little guys really make me laugh. I love to watch them in their little tank , especially at feeding time.

I don't know if they're helping me slow down at all, but I'm enjoying them nonetheless.

What do you do to relax? Does it work?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    We had guppies when I was a kid. Guppies or beta fish -- There's just something relaxing about watching fish in water.

    My easiest relaxation resource is just to go sit out in my yard or, if it's too hot, on the back porch, look at the water, and breathe in the air. A few minutes of quiet, of letting go of the zaniness of life, restores me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home