Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm alive, barely

Yes, I actually do still blog here. I have been MIA for the last few weeks it feels like. Here's what I've been up to. . .

End of school year ice cream social
Last soccer game X 2
Soccer party (60 people at my house, oy!)
Major landscaping project (half done)
Trip to New York City (yummy! Love Little Italy, sigh)
Kickboxing, kickboxing, kickboxing (still trying to lose those darn 5 pounds I gained at RT)
Father's Day (how much pampering does a guy need anyway?)
Finished the millionth draft of my Bombshell submission and sent it off, yay! Let the wait begin!
Finished second set of edits on SPITFIRE due out end of July
Wrote, submitted, revised, resubmitted, and did edits on CONVINCE ME a shape shifter story for EC, much fun
Read galley for DARK HEAT due in print soon, yay!
Wrote, re-wrote, re-re-wrote, revised, re-re-re-wrote prologue from hell
working on novella from hell
And now I'm on vacation at the Cape.

My house is a pit, I need to go grocery shopping in a bad way, and I'm pretty sure I'm behind on sending out my bills, but things are moving along.

My plan is to take the summer off from writing and "refill my well" of creativity. Actually, I'm teaching summer school, going to RWA in Georgia, throwing a party for my grandmother, and having my sister and her family at my house for a week so somehow I just don't think I'll have a whole lot of writing time. Instead of making myself crazy again this year, I'm going to focus on edits and promotion and just play around with the many ideas I have for stories. I figure I can just sort of let them simmer in my head and maybe by the time the kids go back to school I'll have the energy to bang some of these suckers out.

Right now I think I need a week long nap. . .yeah, right. . .

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    now now now, the prologue from hell was a matter of a cauldron and two fellow witches. stirring stirring stirring


    Hope it's not raining at the beach. It is back home, hon.
    raining raining raining

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Beth Ciotta said…

    just a weeks-long nap? Golly. After reading that I could use a MONTH!

    Hang in there, Ari. Scarf down an energy bar or twenty. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home