Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Old Friends


Shortly before I left for RT my book DARK HEAT came out from Samhain Publishing. Of course, I was a lunatic so I didn't even mention it. Duh! I don't think I utilize my blog real well, but hey, I'm still learning what can I say?

Anyway, DARK HEAT was previously released and left to languish at another publisher. When I got the rights back I was thrilled when Samhain wanted to republish it. Little did I know what an overhaul this book would get!

I wrote DARK HEAT during a very difficult time in my life. My grandfather had died and my father had almost died. I was in an emotional sink hole. Writing DH kept me sane. It was my first "paranormal" book and I had a lot of fun writing it.

Three years later, when it came time to re-write and re-edit it I cringed at some of the mistakes I made. I guess it goes to show you that you really do grow and learn over time, even if you don't realize it. My editor Angie was great giving me suggestions on how to beef it up and improve the overall quality of the book.

What came out is essentially the same book, but better--in my humble opinion. It's longer, hotter, and makes a bit more sense in spots.

And better yet, IT'LL BE IN BORDERS IN AUGUST!!! WOOT!!!

I'm so excited that so many of my favorite titles that weren't going to hit print before will be out over the next year. It's kind of like holding your child for the first time. Exciting, scary, and a little bit like falling in love.

I'm so psyched to see this "baby" cleaned up and ready to go! yay!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats, Ari! That is too cool!!!!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Congrats, Ari. I'm very pleased for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home