Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not a fashion trend!

I feel the need to vent. A lot.
Maybe I'm just grouchy from the heat and humidity, or maybe I'm just a little annoyed because I'm running around like a lunatic, but something today seriously pissed me off.

I was loading my millions of dollars of groceries onto the little conveyer belt and I spotted a tabloid with the title (this isn't exact)
The Bump Watch.
Motherhood, the new Hollywood trend.

MOTHERHOOD IS NOT A FASHION TREND!!!!

I don't necessarily believe that you have to be married to have children, although I do think it helps, but creating a life is not something you do because it's fashionable!!!!

I have three daughters whom I love more than life itself. Even when they make me want to pull my hair out, I'd still walk through fire for them. Having children was something my husband and I talked about and thought about and considered at great length--and we still weren't prepared!

I hope the tabloid was just making a splashy headline and getting pregnant isn't the next "in" thing for the rich and famous. If it is, I hope to God there is someone there for those children when it's no longer fashionable. . .

2 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    you're too young to remember (I barely do--in fact I happened across an article about it otherwise I wouldn't) but there was a time for in the 70s when looking pregnant was a fashion craze. You could buy an accessory. Think bustle but on the front.

    It was just a look, rather than a life-long relationship with another human who'll be dependent on you for 18 years. . still. It was crazy. People? They are crazyeeee.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you guys. Dear God, I would not have a baby just because everyone else was. I know I'm not ready right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home