Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Spoiled!

I think I've gotten spoiled. Not only that, I think I've spoiled my children as well.
What brought on this epiphany you ask? The air conditioning broke in my car on Friday.

We in the northeast are experiencing a heatwave right now. It is disgustingly hot and humid and riding in a black car with no air is miserable. I'm whining, the kids are whining, and we're all hot and sticky.

Now, I can remember when I was maybe 7 or 8 riding in the back of my parents' Toyota station wagaon, in the way back mind you, all the way from CT to Missouri with NO AIR CONDITIONING! The cars didn't even have it then. I was crammed into the car, with black vinal seats, along with my two sisters for a 20+ hour ride. There were no DVDs in the back or Game Boys or anything else, just the license plate game and poking at your sister until mom screamed for entertainment.

Have we gotten soft? Is the fact that I did as many errands as I could early this morning without the children a sign that I can't handle the same difficulties as my mother?

You betcha!

I made an appointment for the car to go in on Wednesday even though I don't get paid until Friday and I leave Sunday for Atlanta. If I could have gotten it done today I would have. . .

Stay cool!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *snort*

    I'm wearing a sweatshirt this morning because the temperature has dipped into the low 60s -- though I guess I shouldn't complain...the last few days have been stinkin' hot here, too.

    I so TOTALLY agree with you on the back seat entertainment. This is why I won't be buying one of those portable DVD players -- my brother and I survived yearly LONG car trips just fine without things like that, thank you!

    But then again, I'm stubborn like that. *g*

    See you a week from TODAY!!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    we do books on tape and it's more fun because we can all hear it then.

    I've decided that as long as you remember to take your camera (and you're good about that) and take lots of pictures, you're allowed to go to ATL and have fun.

    Bet that's a load off your mind, knowing you have my permission. Just remember it's conditional, okay?

    Because when you and Kris Starr stay up too late partying? I want even more pictures.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Did I mention I was going to come be a squatter at RWA partiers' blogs? (not my idea, but I love it) I think I'll use yours for descriptions of how hot it is. . .and maybe clipping my dawg's toenails or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home