Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dancing at the Ritz

Thursday was kind of quiet as I did a lot of running to workshops. I got a great deal of information for my next book, which was really exciting. I'm going to create a seriously bad-ass villain, so stay tuned. . .

Friday, on the other hand, was very busy. I went to some more workshops in the morning, then went to the Passionate Ink luncheon in the afternoon. It was held at the Atlanta Aquarium and was absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was incredible. Our room had an enormous window that looked out onto the whale tank. It was just stunning.

After lunch we headed to the bar to hang with some friends then I was lucky enough to be a guest at the Harlequin Party at the Ritz Carlton.

Oh my God, but I want to live in the bathroom there! It's easily bigger than my first apartment, and definitely better decorated. It was hot as blazes, but I got to see a number of my friends and dance and dance and dance. I was a sweaty mess by the end of the night, but man alive, did I have fun. Any place that has a chocolate fountain and shots of Bailey's Irish Cream in chocolate cups is A #1 in my book. This year the DJ they hired was fantastic and played a great mix of songs that kept us dancing until 1 am.
I'm very glad I brought my ballet slippers to change into, I just can't handle dancing in heels all night long.

Needless to say, the next morning was very ugly. . .I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have pictures from the Ritas for you!
Ari

1 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Ari! But then just being around you, we can't help but have a great time. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home