Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'd like to thank the academy. . .

HOLY CRAP I WON AN AWARD!!!!

BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR won an Ecataromance Reviewers' Choice Award.

I'm still in shock. I've never won an award for ANYTHING. Ever. I've always been the B student and the second or third place athlete. The closest thing to an award I've ever received has been a publishing contract, which trust me was also a huge shock and a joy.

DOOR was a very special book to me. Besides having to do with fairies, which I love love love, it was a book that I fell in love with instantly. I agonized over every comment from my cp and editor. I cried when I got the cover and it wasn't what I had in mind. I fretted when it went out to reviewers. This was like my baby going to school for the first time and I was terrified people wouldn't like it as much as I did.

This award means that I wasn't completely insane (notice I say completely) and that it was a good book. Maybe I shouldn't need to have that sort of reassurance, but I do. I freely admit when it comes to my writing I'm hopelessly insecure.

My friends will tell you that's no lie. I drove them all CRAZY while writing this. Emailing them chapters with neurotic pleas for opinions. I was a mess.

So, in Grammy Awards fashion, I'd like to thank some people:

For talking me off the ledge without throwing me over it when I was a lunatic:
Lori Armstrong
Leigh Wyndfield
Jewell Mason
Kathy Love
Kate Rothwell
Kris Starr

Cheyenne McCray for giving me a book quote. By God I hope this sucker goes to print so I can use it!

Dorine Linnen and Angie Waters for promoting it and letting others know about it. Thanks for letting me avoid the ever hated promotion.

Briana St. James, editor to the neurotic

Titania Ladley,who critiqued the first part and let me know where I was going wrong without pushing me off the ledge


And as always, my family for giving me the space to write this book, eating fishsticks and tater tots for supper, and watching A LOT of Disney movies.

I'm sure there are more folks that I should thank, but my caffeine-deprived mind can't think of them all right now.

Thank you my friends and thank you ecataromance for giving me a most precious gift.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home