Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Doing the right thing

How come doing the right thing is always so much less fun than doing the wrong thing?

I mean, seriously, think about it.

Food that is unhealthy and will clog your arteries just by smelling it, always tastes better than food that's good for you.

Sitting on the couch or in front of the computer is much more fun than exercising.

Blog hopping and chatting on IM is much more fun than working.

And letting the kids watch TV when you should be doing crafts or making them go outside to play is SOOO much easier than fighting to drag them away from the boob tube.

If life was fair (yeah yeah, I know it isn't. Sue me, it's a blog) potato chips and bacon dip would lower cholesterol, IMing would count as aerobic exercise, and you wouldn't be tortured by the idea that being a lazy parent could bite you in the ass twenty years from now.

I mean come on, if you read all the parents' magazines and listen to the news it's enough to make you pull your hair out. I swear, it makes you feel like if you let your kids watch too much TV they'll either live with you until they're 40 or they'll end up on a water tower with an Uzi.

So, today after I fight with the girls to get their homework done, and give them a healthy snack, I'll go outside with them and play instead of iming with my buds. But inside, I'll be wishing we were eating Doritos and sour cream in front of the TV. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home