Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, December 04, 2006

The *&%$#@ holiday spirit

I'm trying, I'm really trying to get into the holiday spirit. I went to a Christmas party, I've decorated the house, and I've sent out my Christmas cards. But I could still care less about the holiday season.

Christmas used to be my favorite time of year. I loved wrapping presents and listening to Christmas music and seeing all the lights up everywhere. This year I just can't get past everything I have to do to enjoy the season. I haven't even gotten my Christmas tree yet, and I don't know when we'll have time to do it.

I don't want to feel like Scrouge, but it's getting harder and harder to hide my inner bah humbug. Maybe when I've done all my shopping or knocked off the cookie baking or done any of the million other things I have to do I'll feel a little Christmas spirit.

But until then, someone else can have my eggnog. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home