Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

SWEEEET!

I am most excited!!!
I brought one of my author copies of DARK HEAT to my local library and donated it for circulation. I waited and waited to see if they'd even shelve it, and one day during my search for new books I found it filed in NEW FICTION.

I had to physically restrain myself from doing the happy dance right in the middle of the aisles. It was so cool to see my book on the same shelves as Heather Graham, Laurell K. Hamilton, and Robert Parker.

Okay, they were on the "Rapid Reader" shelf and mine was on the "New Fiction" shelf, but they were right across from each other!!!

When I went back to the library yesterday SOMEONE HAD TAKEN MY BOOK OUT!!!! Woot Woot Woot!!!

I mean, realistically, I know people have read my books, but someone picked this up at the library among all the other books and took a chance on me! Yippee!!!!

Of course, since I'm in the closet and no one in my town knows I write, I can't celebrate the way I want to and scream at the top of my lungs that someone picked up MY BOOK, but I can shout inside!

WA HOOO!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! I'm shouting with you, babes! What a cool feeling!!

    I have no idea if our libraries here will even stock EC books -- I've searched the online catalogue and have found NONE listed -- so that's probably not an option. :)

    Anyway. You celebrate, woman! You deserve it!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home