Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hug a Vet

As I've mentioned before, I come from a family with several members who have served in the armed forces. Basically, I can account for every branch of the armed forces with someone I'm related to. Thankfully, with only one exception, all of them have come home safely from their tours of duty.

Many families aren't so lucky.

I know I'm a day late with this, but I still wanted to share my thoughts. Whether you believe in war or are a card carrying pacifist, you should make sure you take the time to thank a vet. Whether you agree with their actions or not, they have put their lives on the line so that you can have the freedom to share those beliefs. Many of them have lost their families, friends, or even their livlihoods in order to serve their country.

Please show your support for the veterans of all wars and just say thank you.

And to my sister SFC in the First Army, THANK YOU for serving our country in a way I never could.
I love you.
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home