Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doing my duty

I voted today. I feel like it's a right that many countries don't have and therefore it's something I should do. Even though dealing with politics and the toadies that accompany politics make me ill.
Seriously ill.

As I walked into the polls today I was accosted by toadies from both sides of the aisles. I didn't make eye contact with them other than to make sure I didn't vote for the candidate they were pushing. I felt like I was avoiding pan handlers.

I am so happy that today is election day. Thrilled even. I'm praying all these talking heads will finally SHUT UP. The mud slinging and whining and outright lying makes my head spin. At this point, I honestly don't care who wins, I just don't want to hear them any more!

I'll never understand politics nor will I enjoy the seemingly endless, pointless arguements politicos thrive upon. I'm just happy it's over.

I think I'll go back to my rose colored glasses now and enjoy seeing all the lawn signs and billboards come down.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    I think every city should have an ordinance that politicians must remove their signs by midnight of the day after the election.

    Like you, I'm thrilled that the political mud-slinging season is over for awhile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home