Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Celebrating Vicariously

My friend Christyne just sold a book today. Not just any book. Her first book. A book I learned to critique on. Christyne and I were critique partners when we both first started writing romantic suspense together. And her book sold despite my input, hahahaha. I never said I was a good critique partner, hahaha.

I drifted towards erotic romance and romantic suspense, and she kept going with romantic suspense. I couldn't be more thrilled to see this book go to a great publisher.

As I danced around my living room in my Life is Good jammie pants, screaming and yelling and diving for the phone so I could call her, I realized I couldn't be happier if I sold a book of my own.

So today I'm celebrating vicariously through my friend and first ever critique partner. I'm going to be giddy and happy all day long. Even though it's rainy outside, my friend just gave me my own personal summer day.

SOLD has to be one of the best four letter words in the language!
Congrats CB!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are a nut and I love you like a sister!!!

    Thanks for celebrating for me and with me Ari..without you (in SO many more ways than one!!!) this never would have happened!! I've been emailing and calling family and friends since yesterday and I am still flying!!

    Thank you sweetie...you are the BEST!! (another great 4 letter word!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home