Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blurg

You ever have one of those days when you don't want to do ANYTHING?
Today is a gray day, I'm bloated and crampy and I have zero motivation.

Less than zero.

I have negative motivation today. There are a million things I have to do, laundry, Christmas cards, housework, write a book, promote another book, you know, little things.

I'm doing things, grudgingly. The laundry is getting done, the house isn't quite the mess it was, and I managed to write 1000 words.

But none of it has been done with my usually energy level. Quite honestly, I'd really like to lay in bed with a hot water bottle and a good book. and chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate with a side of salt. But, I digress. . .

Writing and motherhood are like any other job, even when your enthusiasm is in the basement, you still have to go to work. Lunches aren't going to get made by someone else just because I feel yucky. And books need to get written even if I feel less than sexy at the moment.

Sure, I could take the day off and laze around in my jammies, but that wouldn't be very professional and honestly, I'd feel too guilty to enjoy it anyway.

So I cleaned, and hauled laundry, and wrote because I WANT to be a professional writer, and the only way I'm going to accomplish that is to work hard at it.

Even if I am bloated and crabby, hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home