Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shiny Things

My friend Kathy Love once said she thought she was a sea gull in a former life because she is instantly attracted to anything that glitters. I totally agree. I have lots of sparkly, shiny, glittery hair things, clothes, makeup, and knick-knacks. You can take the littlest, most boring rock and cover it with some glue and glitter and I'll love it.

I guess it's a good thing I have all girls because we go through A LOT of glitter-glue, sparkles, and sequins. I wonder if it's just a girl thing or if it's just a MY girl thing? If the store Claires is anything to go by, I'm going to assume most girls like things that sparkle and shine.

Maybe I was a Vegas showgirl in a former life?

What about you? Does glitter catch your eye or could you care less?? And why?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    absolutely. And it causes terrible conflict--I was brought up to believe shiny=tacky but my spirit cries out for glitter.

    HEY, sorry about leaving my trash in your InvisaSUV. I realized after you were kind enough to give me a ride that I'd left McD trash for you to clean up. I'm just like one of your girls.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    You know me, Evil Twin -- if it sparkles, I'll covet it. *g*

    I've just learned how to make some really cool crystal bracelets. If you're nice to me, I might just make you one... ;)

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Hmm -- I'm not a big glitter girl, but every once in awhile, something sparkly catches my eye and I must have it! However, I do enjoy really good jewelry.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like glittery stuff, but it has to mean something. I have 3 sons, so I only have one girly room in my house and it's my office/den/parlor where I have all my pretties. I collect crystal, and love Murano sculptures and that cut crystal that starts with an S that I couldn't begin to remember how to spell!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home