Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I did it!

I did it!
I spoke publicly about writing erotica. It wasn't as hard as I thought, actually. The ladies at the RWA meeting were very nice and extremely welcoming. Luckily I had the help of my friend Kate to fill in the parts where I struggled to come up with something to say.

After the meeting we went to this really good restaurant and had a nice meal and talked like crazy. It was really neat for me to be able to talk about writing with other people who UNDERSTAND. I'm seriously considering joining the chapter. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I'm already so freaking busy I can barely juggle my writing and my life as it is.

I know I need to carve out the time for ME but that's hard to explain to three little girls who just want their mom around. Guilt is a terrible thing, and being Irish and Catholic I'm doubly prone to it.

Sigh, I guess I'll have to really think about it and decide if I can be split in even more ways and still be everything I need to be to everyone who needs me!
Man, what a convoluted sentence! And I call myself a writer! Yesh!

Have a great weekend!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there. If you don't volunteer, an RWA chapter is a good thing as far as not taking up too much time. Just a meeting once a month. But if you volunteer, then it can take some time. I was Secretary year before last, President last year, and advisor as past prez this year. I'm also heading a committee for our big bi-annual spring conference. I'm really trying to learn to say *no* so I have backed off on committments. So if you join just learn to say no unless it's perhaps a talk now and then. Congrats on your first talk about erotica!

    Try not to feel the guilt. You can only do what you can do. I do the same thing to myself.

    Hugs!

    Chey

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Way to go, Ari! I knew you could do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home