Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have a few resolutions this year, but I won't bore you with them. Instead I want to share some resolutions I hope the world would have.

I wish humanity would resolve to be kinder to one another. I wish we'd resolve to take things a step slower and enjoy the DIFFERENCES in other people instead of fearing them. I wish we'd resolve to stop laying blame on politions, ethnic groups, the media, our parents, etc. and learn to rely on ourselves to solve our own problems.

I wish we as a race could learn to live in harmony with nature instead of destroying it. I wish we could enjoy what we have instead of always wanting more. (This is a tough one for me especially) and I wish we could learn tolerence for others who don't agree with us instead of jumping on the band wagon of people who do.

Like my resolution to lose weight, these wishes probably won't last very long either, but what if everyone, everywhere felt that way? What if, even for one day, we all took a deep breath and said, "hey, just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you're wrong."?

Here's wishing you all a healthy, happy, friend filled New Year!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you said it beautifully, Ari. And a wonderful 2006 to you and yours, too!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Happy New Year, Ari!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home