Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, November 18, 2005

So unprepared!!!

Hey everyone!
I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks life doesn't end at 30!!! Of course, most of my friends are over thirty, but that's besides the point!!!

I love reading comments from my friends. I think it's a good thing to surround yourself with funny people because then you're always laughing!!! Laughter is good!

I'm actually not laughing too much right now, I have a raging case of pink eye which in the grand scheme of things is only annoying, but in reality is REALLY annoying, hahahaha. I'll get over it, but it's a pain in the butt. I might add that I got the pink eye, not any of my three children that in school, me. My goal now is to keep it from spreading through the house. Putting eye drops in three wiggling children is not my idea of fun!!!

I'm also feeling a little stressed lately. Usually by Thanksgiving I have my Christmas cards written out, my shopping mostly done, and I just have to decorate. Because I have a large family and my husband's parents are divorced we do Christmas just about every weekend in December. The main reason we do a month long Christmas day is because I'm fanatical about having my children home on Christmas day. I'm more than willing to have anyone who wants to come over stop by, but I'm not making my kids put down their new toys and go to someone's house.

Anyway, what this means is, come December 1, I'm busy. Busier I should say, and I don't have much time time go shopping or write out 100 Christmas cards. I try to do those things in stages during the year so I'm not a lunatic while decorating the Christmas tree. Some times it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

This year I have been so swamped I haven't bought a single stocking stuffer. I have done not one single thing to make things easier on myself come December so I'm pre-stressing. I know that when I get my act together, I'll be able to do my cards out, get my presents bought and wrapped and be all set probably in a weekend, but meanwhile it's eating at me.

Seeing Christmas decorations up already is SOOOO not helping matters either. What ever happened to enjoying fall? I'm beginning to feel like Thanksgiving is just given a nod between Halloween and Christmas. I happen to love Thanksgiving.

Probably because we go to my mother's and I don't have to buy presents, write out cards, or do much cooking. Yup, Thanksgiving is becoming my favorite holiday!!!!

Does anyone else feel like the holidays have ganged up on them for a sneak attack? And what the heck happened to the year 2005? I'm just getting used to putting 05 on my checks and there's only 6 weeks left of the year!!!!

I think it's a conspiracy. . . what about you?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said…

    I have absolutely no idea how it got to be November. Didn't 2005 just start a minute-and-a-half ago? Didn't I just get over this whole Christmas Gift List thing? Don't I have plenty of time to revise my erotic novella and finish my romatic comedy before the end of the year?

    This was a SNEAKY year.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it is a conspiracy, Arianna. Jeez, the year has once again flown by. I've got to get Christmas cards out, yadda, yadda. We're probably going to put the Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving. Doesn't that feel like it's too soon???

    Hugs,

    Chey

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    You usually have your shopping done and your cards made out by Thanksgiving???

    That's amazing.
    It's... it's.... it's making me feel woefully inadequate. *sigh*

    I have purchased two gifts so far and that's good for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home