Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Going on strike

Okay, I admit it, I'm not as motivated as I thought I'd be.
I was going to try to write two more short stories by the end of this month, but I just can't do it. I'm tired!

I've kind of worn myself out and now I've caught ANOTHER cold. This one doesn't seem like a real cold though, I have a fever and a cough but that's it. I think the stress of my life and dieting have done me in. And since the holidays are coming up and I'm going to have even MORE stress, I think it's time I got a little more realistic about what I can accomplish.

Most days I get about 2-3 hours of writing time and maybe an hour of promo time, depending on what chaos is erupting in my life. I've been driven to write during every second I can because I really want to make this a CAREER not just a hobby. In order to do that, you have to have a consistent quality product.

Unfortunately, if I'm so stressed out that I can't sleep and I'm making myself sick, my product loses a great deal of quality. Trust me folks, it ain't easy to write hot sex when you're coughing up a lung, the kids are home sick, and you're so tired you could cry.

Soooo, I'm allowing myself to be human and take a little break. I'll start writing again soon, but I'm gong to work on a project I really want to work on, not something I feel I HAVE to work on. I enjoy writing, I love getting to know my characters and feeling them come alive under my fingertips.

I can't wait to get back to that, but first I need a rest! I think I'll read a book on the couch with my sick kids, hhahahahaha.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been sort of taking off time since I turned in my book to my editor--although that means catching up on e-mail, filing, paying bills, etc. I really need to write this weekend, though. Urgh. I want to go on strike, too!

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    We all need a little downtime sometimes, Ari. Don't give yourself guilt-fits. Relax and get yourself feeling better, my friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home