Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm so ready!

Okay, it's 7:53 am and I am ready to write!

I've exercised, showered, got the kids fed, have their backpacks packed and they're waiting for the bus even now. The breakfast dishes are cleaned, lemons are cut, diet Coke is waiting for me along with a large mug of water and a pot of tea is steeping.

I've even checked my email and put in a movie for daughter number 3. I have my water fountains flowing and my lavender candle lit. Enya is ready to go on my CD player with my headphones warmed up for me. The dog and cat are fed and I've laid some treats out for them so they'll leave me alone for a while.

I'm telling you as soon as the clock strikes 8:00 I'll be ready. All I need is some

INSPIRATION!!!!!!

I know what's supposed to happen in the story I'm writing. I'm more than half way done with it and I have a general idea where it's headed, now I just have to get it there. That's the hard part.

I think that's what most people don't understand. I have lots of friends who say things like "I've always wanted to write a book. I have so many ideas, I just don't have the time to write them down."

Well, duh!!! If I got paid for my ideas without having to put them on paper I'd be a millionaire! This is the hard part about writing, not coming up with the ideas but plopping your butt in the chair and writing them down even when you have cramps and the kids are driving you nuts and your husband is making you want to kill anything with a Y chromosome. (not that he is right now but it's happened)

I'd spout some more about how hard writing can be, but it's 8:00 now and I need to get to work.
: )

Have a great day!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh, Arianna. I cannot believe that you have all that done by 8 a.m.!!!!! My house is a freaking disaster, my e-mail needing to be responded to is in the 100's and my boys are all old enough to occupy themselves!

    Jeez, woman.

    So how's Cheyenne doing these days?

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Goooo, Ari! Get writing, woman!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home