Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I survived!!!

I did it! I survived my 8 year old's birthday party and I'm still smiling!!

Although it was two hours of constant movement and noise, it went very well. And best of all, IT'S OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!! My daughter wanted to have her birthday party at home this year, and since it costs upwards of $200. to have a party out somewhere I was willing to do it.

Yes, poverty will push you to do things you never thought you'd do. . .

All told I had 10 little girls running around my house following clues to lead them to find the hidden pumpkins, then we painted those pumpkins, had pizza and ice cream cake. I have multi colored paint all over my house and I don't know if I'll ever get the chocolate off the walls, but that was the worst of it.

Sigh, thank heavens everyone had fun and their parents came on time!!!

Tomorrow is a day off for the girls (HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL YOU CANUCKS!) and despite that, I need to get some writing done. I've been really slacking off lately. I don't know if that's leftover blahness from getting rejected, laziness because we've had hot humid weather, or just a result of my cold, but in any case I haven't done squat in a long time. It's far past time for me to get this book done and turned in to my critique partner. Too bad I have at least another 35,000 words to write. . .

I'm going to write tomorrow, damn it! I'll keep you all advised of my progress, maybe that will help me stay on the straight and narrow. I'm sure you're just waiting with baited breath to see if I get my word count done, hahahaha.

Have a great long weekend for all of you with Monday off!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said…

    An eight-year-old's birthday party sounds too exhausting to contemplate. Don't get me wrong, I like kids just fine. Especially with the right seasoning.
    Glad you survived...

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel your pain - I have a party with a gaggle of 11-year-old boys coming up...lol. Hang in there girl - I'm sending positive thoughts your way so you can get some writing done today!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    Hahahahaha, Toni right about now I think I'd choke on any more children--seasoning or no!

    Tina, I can't even imagine a gaggle of 11 year old boys. When I was a teen I taught swimming lessons for a group of 11 yo boys and swore if I ever had one he'd go to my mother once he hit 10!!!
    I did get some writing done today, not much but something. Thanks!!!

    Good luck with your party!
    *shudder*
    Ari

     

Post a Comment

<< Home