Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, September 09, 2005

I love New England in the Autum!!

I love, love, love the early fall here in New England. The temperature is in the upper 70's during the day and cools off at night, pretty soon the trees will start to change color, and all the mums are coming out. It's a veritble cornucopia of color!

And better yet, my work load is cut in half! Not just because the kids go back to school-- although that's nice. I'm an avid gardener and love annuals, but with as dry as it's been I've also been an avid waterer and weeder. We also have a pool that I'm in charge of. Keeping up with it isn't hard, but it is tedius. I just pulled up some of my plants that had died from the heat, and pretty soon we'll close down the pool. The mums still dress up the yard, but I don't have to do anything to take care of them. Yay!

Fall really is my favorite season. Good things seem to happen for me in the fall. I got married in October, my first daughter was born in October, my first ever book was released in October. It's a pretty good month for me. Yup, I enjoy fall until around mid-November when it gets cold and rainy and I have to start thinking about holidays.

When I was a kid I loved summer and winter because we had time off from school and we could either go swimming or sleding. Now that I'm somewhat older, I really enjoy the "in between" seasons much more.

Dear lord, does that mean I'm maturing? Eeek!

Anyone else have a favorite season? How come?

6 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    *g* I'm with you, Ari. (And NO, that does not mean we're maturing!)

    I find I enjoy spring and fall much more than the other seasons -- I can't handle too-high heat, so the temperatures on the off-seasons suit me better.

    I also still associate the cool, clear air, crisp leaves and the smell of woodsmoke with the excitement of going to school and the start of a new year. Small things, but they just create a sense of contentment and anticipation. :)

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    no fear. You are NOT maturing. Sheesh, don't scare me like that.

    Yes, this weather is extraordinary. I think we're finally getting the weather we were due last spring.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Call my crazy, but I love Winter!
    Maybe it's a side effect of growing up in California where we never really had one.

    Right now, we're heading into the gray, rainy Germany Fall and everyone is whining except me. I love knowing that we're one step closer to Winter. :-)

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    Hahahaha, I love the first snowfall of winter, and even a few more leading up to Christmas, but after that I'm ready for spring!

    If you're in Germany in the Fall does that mean you get to have Ocktober Fest? (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, sorry!)

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    YOU! YOU JINXED AUTUMN! Evil woman! You must have forgotten to spit over your shoulder or throw salt in the air or knock on wood or salute the new moon or something. You gave a sigh of relief about the departure of heat and brought summer back to NE.

    Sigh. Currently living in a sauna.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    So this is my fault? I'm sweating my brains out over here!!! We're closing the pool this weekend and man am I getting grief about it. But come on, Fall officially starts on Thursday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home