Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It's official

It's official. I now weigh what I did the day before I delievered my youngest child. I have never weighed this much without having a fetus inside my womb in my life.

I've been making excuses for my weight gain over the last two years, stress being the biggest excuse. But all of that is over now. I have to face facts that I just can't eat like a teenage boy and expect to fit in my jeans again.

I was doing pretty good when I could keep up with my kickboxing classes, but with the kids' schedules I can't get there as much as I used to. Has that stopped me from eating like I used to? NOOOOOO.

So here is my goal, I'm going to walk every morning and try to stick to Weight Watchers weight loss plan. I'm hoping I can grab a kickboxing or karate class here and there, but I can't depend on that any longer.

You've heard it here first, I'm making it a point to stick to this diet until the Romantic Times convention in May. With the convention being on the beach, I want to make sure no one drags me back into the ocean screaming "beached whale! We've got to save it!"

I'll never be a size 2. Heck, for that matter I'll never be a size 6 or 8 either, but if I can be healthy and fit into my jeans I'll be happy. I used to get discouraged when I'd see twiggy little chicks running around with their mid-drifts showing and not a bulge in sight but I've realized that I'll NEVER EVER look like that. I'm just not built to EVER have my stomach see the light of day. At least not without a great deal of embarrassment involved. I've changed my goal from looking like a cover model to NOT looking like I'm pregnant.

I may not grace the cover of Cosmo, but at least I'll be able to snap my pants. . .

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    You're beautiful, Ari, no matter what size jeans.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    Thank you Mary!!!
    You are so sweet and I can't tell you how much your comments mean to me. I'm just thrilled to know you're reading my babbling!!

    Thanks for being there!
    Ari

     

Post a Comment

<< Home