Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Are you crafty?

Hey Everyone!
First I'd like to say thanks so much for all your support about the rejection. I wasn't expecting anything different, but it's nice to know I'm loved! I'm still waiting for it to bother me, but so far I'm feeling pretty good!

Maybe it has something to do with LEGENDARY TAILS 3 coming out today! WA HOOO!!!! I'm so excited to have a release after so long!!!! Yippee!

Now, on to my tale of woe. . .

As many of you know, I am not a craft person. I'd like to be, I try to be-- I have a glue gun and everything--but I'm not. Right now I'm trying to make a headpiece for the Faery Ball at RT. Why am I starting 7 months before the event you ask? Because it'll take me that long to figure out how to do it and not burn the house down with said glue gun.

Part of the problem is I have no artistic talent whatsoever. Nadda, none, zippo. I have no vision either. I just know I want SOMETHING and I want it to have beads and be shiny and sparkly. I also have no memory for color, so I'm kind of afraid the material I bought (which is a really cool shimmery color) is going to clash horribly with the dress that I'm going to wear. If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see what happens by the time I'm done.

If you don't see any blogs from me for a while you'll know I've either glued myself to the counter or burned my fingertips so badly I can't type. . .

Keep your fingers crossed. . .

3 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    I am the least crafty person I know -- except when it comes to sequinning things. I'm pretty good at that, but largely I'm scissors impaired and can't sew worth a darn.

    I told someone today that when I was in fourth grade, my construction paper turkey looked like a Rorschack (sp?) ink blot. It was so bad the teacher wouldn't display it on the wall.

    The experience scarred me for life. *g*

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, Arianna. Be careful with that glue gun! I need to start thinking about the Faery Ball, too.

    I just found your blog on Romancing the Blog. I killed my old one about 6 weeks ago, but started a new one yesterday. It's lonely if you want to come visit. http://cheyennemccray.blogspot.com/

    Hugs!

    Chey

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Custom Cool & Groovy - Patriotic Guitar, Street Chrome Zippo dean james zippoThis custom design is a genuine Zippo product with the Bradford, PA stamp on the bottom of the lighter. All of our custom Zippo lighters come with the standard warranties, lifetime guarantees, orange warning seal and instructions. dean james zippo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home