Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Big 'R'

Well, the wait is finally over.
I got my rejection from Silhoutte Bombshell today.
I think I should be more upset about it, but I'm really okay with it. There's probably several reasons for that.
1. I'm a nervous wreck about my book coming out tomorrow.
2. I kind of expected it
3. I got a lot of great feedback from the editor.
and
4. They've had the book for 16 months so the anticipation has kind of dulled.

The editor who rejected me gave me a TON of great feedback which is like gold in this business. Everything she said really made sense and will hopefully help me to be a better writer, and that's important to me.

You want to know the funniest part about all of this though? In the same mail delivery I got the Bombshell books I ordered and a sweepstakes/survey from Harlequin Books, hahahahahaha. Wonder if they got a bulk rate for the mail?

Now I just have one more book to wait on and we'll see what happens there! In the meantime I've got three releases lined up with Ellora's Cave and I'm writing a fourth. Not a bad future at all!

Take care everyone!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't those off the wall comments make you shake your head.

    Sorry about the Bombshell R. I hope with the editorial help your next project for them is accepted.

    And congrats on the book coming out tomorrow!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    It's an endless hell, isn't it? Send it in with a different title and a new name to the editor one cubicle over and I bet they buy it.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Hugs for the rejection, Ari.

    Careful on resubmitting it to Hq/Sil again. They keep those detailed computer files with hero/heroine names, plot stuff, author name, etc.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chiming in late on this, but sending you cyber hugs on your R. I'm so glad you got some good comments, but I know how talented you are, and that you won't ever give up, so I'll save that speech for someone who needs it.

    Keep your chin up and xx!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home