Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, October 03, 2005

I've discovered my calling. . .

I've discovered my calling! In my next life I'm going to be an official Kilt Inspector!!! hahahahaha

I went to a Celtic Music and Beer festival this weekend AND IT ROCKED!!! One of the t-shirts being sold said "Official Kilt Inspector". After seeing some of the yummy men wearing kilts I realized that wasn't a bad job to have.

I've never seen so many men in skirts when it wasn't during a gay pride parade. I think it's a trend definitely worth encouraging. Kilts are WAYYYY sexy. Unfortunately my husband was not going for that. Sigh, it's too bad because he has nice legs.

Besides oggling good looking Irish/Scottish men, I had a chance to hear some kick-butt Celtic rock music. As soon as I get some cash I'm buying a bunch of CD's.

In other news, I've caught a cold and I'm really crabby about it. I'm not a good sick person. When I feel crummy I just want to lay in bed and alternately read and sleep without anyone bothering me. I don't want company unless they are bringing me crackers and ginger ale. Unfortunately, my oldest daughter has a birthday coming up and we're having the party this weekend.
At the house.
With 10 screaming 8 year olds.

Do you see any resting in bed in my future? I don't think so.
I'll keep drinking tea and hope this sucker goes away quickly!

Take care everyone!
Ari

7 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    So did you buy one of those 'official kilt inspector' shirts, or what??

    I'm gonna be a copycat and say I want one of those, too. Hehehe.

    {{{hugs}}} I hope you feel better soon. Everyone seems to be sniffly--I think it has to do with the start of school and all those people being crammed into those buildings once again, elbow to elbow...

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're nuts to have a kid's birthday party at home. LOL. I always have mine at at pizza place or something. I've been there done that with the home parties. And no more! My soon to be 10 year old's birthday is on the 14th, and I've got to get his invites taken care of today before I go out of town.

    Hope you feel better!!! And kilt inspector would be a good occupation for you. *g*

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Beth Ciotta said…

    Men in Kilts AND Celtic music. I'm so envious. Hugs on the cold. Feel better soon!

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    If it was 'kick-butt' music, does that mean the men actually kicked butt, in which case, they had to raise those legs AND the kilts?

    Did you peek? Come on, Ari. I know you did! :-)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Did you get pictures?? Especially any 'under-kilt' shots? We're dying to know! I'm with ya - I have a thing for a man in a kilt, but my dh won't have anything to do with it. Sigh...

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    Unfortunately I had my girls with me at the Celtic Kilt Fest so I was unable to look up any kilts. Darn it. I didn't even think to bring my camera so I didn't get any pictures either. And I didn't have enough money to buy the Official Kilt Inspector shirt either.

    Next year though. . .

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger thewriterslife said…

    Hi Arianna, I was surfing and procrastinating jumping into my revisions and landed on your blog. So sorry to hear you're sick, but that Celtic Festival sounded fun! You didn't perchance take a peek under any skirts, did you? ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home