Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Too early. . .

It's probably too early in the morning for me to be blogging, but I had to have an outlet for my feelings. Aren't y'all lucky you get to be my outlet!

Two years ago this week my very first book, STRANDED, was published. I have warm, fuzzy feelings about that book. In my opinion, it isn't the best thing I ever wrote. No one gets killed, chased after by gun-toting goons, or discovers a new planet. It's a straight contemporary erotic romance and it took me two glasses of wine to write the first love scene.

Before writing STRANDED I had never even attempted an erotic sex scene. I had tried my hand at a few romantic suspense books and didn't have much luck selling them so I thought I'd try a new genre.

Eleven books later I'd say it took. I still want to write romantic suspense, but I love writing erotic romance too. Over the last two years I've learned so much about the publishing industry. I think I can honestly say that all my myths have been shattered completely, hahahaha.

Before I was published I had this picture in my head that if I sold a book the hard part would be over. Boy was I wrong! The hard part was only just beginning! I learned about the wonderful world of promotion, editing, proofing, release dates, contracts, and all sorts of snarky behind the scenes behavior I never imagined existed.

I wouldn't give it up for anything. I haven't become the Nora Roberts of smut, nor have I managed to make a living writing full time, but I'm doing something that I love and I've met so many wonderful people that have become great friends, my life wouldn't be the same without them.

So, to eXtasy Books, thank you for giving STRANDED a home. Happy Anniversary!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy anniversary to you and STRANDED! I *cannot* believe it has been *two* whole years since STRANDED came out!!! And to think I knew you way back before then. :-) You're right about the whole process. It's really an interesting business, isn't it?

    Hugs!

    Chey

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    Boy, am I glad to be able to say "I knew her when..."!

    Congratulations, darlin'! Has it really been two years?? Wow...

    And eleven books in two years?? Double wow! Keep 'em coming!

    Kris :)

    Read my Blog and you can win!
    http://krisstarr.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home