Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, October 10, 2005

It's all Susan Elizabeth Phillips' fault. . .

Some of you might remember me blogging about meeting SEP on the plane on my way home from Reno. If not, well you're not missing too much.
Anyway, after meeting her I decided I needed to read her books because she was just that cool. I had never read one before so I started with the free-be I got at the RWA conference.
AIN'T SHE SWEET totally kicked ass!!! I loved that book. So of course I had to go out and get my hands on as many of her other books as I could.

And that is the reason I've gotten no writing done, hahahaha.

Okay, I'd like to blame it on my binge of reading SEP books lately but I can't. I did manage to get a few pages writen today (2500 words approximately) but not what I wanted to get done. Hopefully when the kids go back to school I'll be able to get more done. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like every word is getting pulled from my brain with pliers. Usually I sit down at the computer and the words flow so fast I can't keep up, but this book isn't like that. I'm not even half way done with it and it's taking me forever to get this far. I guess I'll just have to plug away at it and hope the words start to flow.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly one to let the book just come to me. . .

Hope everyone has a more productive day than me!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    SEP is a goddess! She is one of my favorite authors and one of my idols!!!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    Isn't she though? I'm telling you, she is one classy lady. On the way home from Reno my cohorts and I were absolutely punch drunk and she treated us very nicely considering we were giggling lunatics. I hope if I ever become a best seller I can show her class!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home