Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm weak

I admit it, I have a weakness for bookstores. Today I went in Barnes and Noble to get some presents for my oldest daughter's birthday. We're doing the family thing tomorrow night so I really needed to get the poor kid a present before then! Anyway, I forced myself to go straight to the kid's section and not stop in the Fantasy/Sci fi or Romance sections. I had a hard time choosing which books to get her but eventually I settled on four.

But then I had to walk back through the store to pay for them. That was it. I hit my Waterloo! Since I have no money I was very careful not to buy anything for myself but as soon as I got home I went on my Amazon wish list and added about 10 new books before I forgot.

I was terribly depressed I couldn't get them all at once too. I love the way bookstores smell and how cozy they are. I love all the little book accessories and the coffee shops in them--and I don't even drink coffee! I honestly think I could max out many a credit card a book stores.

Luckily for me I didn't have one on me at the time. . .

Okay, I need to write more books so I can afford to feed my addiction!
Have a great weekend wherever you are!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Beth Ciotta said…

    Um... ditto?

    LOL Amazon's wishlist is indeed a lifesavor.

    Have a great day my friend!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH, I LOVE boookstores too! There's just something about them that makes me want to browse (and buy) for hours. That Amazon wish list does come in handy! :D

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    I just unpacked the box of books I bought at the NJRW Conference. I haven't finished the TBR pile from RT! I went on a BN.com book-buying binge a month ago. AAAARRRGGHHH -- I'm hopeless! *g*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home