Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Release Day!

A release day! My release day! Yayayayayayayayaya!!!!!
My book BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR is out today!!!!!!

I'm a little excited, can you tell?

It's been a YEAR since I've had a single release. I've been in two anthologies, but nothing solo since last January. This release is especially nerve wracking for me because it's different from anything I've ever written before.

I had this particularly vivid dream one night about trying to get through this mysterious door that took me to a land filled with fairies, dragons, and flying horses. (Pegasi? Pegasuses?) When I woke up I knew I had to write it. So, as soon as I finished the book I was in the middle of I decided to start in on this story. The entire time I had to wait the characters clawed and scratched at my brain waiting to get out.

When I finally got the chance to write the darn book, it wouldn't come out right. I had to scrap the first three chapters and start from scratch. It was like the characters said, "Well thank heavens, it's about time!" and the story flew from my fingertips in no time at all.

Then the wait came. Would my editor like it? It was different from my futuristics that she'd liked. What if she didn't like it? I was a wreck. Thank heavens for some good friends (Big shout out to Jewell and Leigh!) who talked me of the ledge of insanity. I can honestly say I was a pain in the ass.

I have so many people to thank for getting this book out, my friends, my editor Bree, my publicist Dorine who believed in me and also had to listen to me whine. Writing a book is definitely a collective effort!

Hopefully they'll take as much joy in the release of this book as I do!!!
Ari

2 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR!!!! I have EROTIC STRANGER coming out today, too, so Yay for us. :-) It's been a year since EROTIC WEEKEND was released, and two years since EROTIC INVITATION was released. LOL. Nothing like taking forever. :D

    It's also mine and my dh's 20th anniversary today. :-)

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Congrats on the release, Ari! Hope you have fun on the cruise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home