Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, January 16, 2006

It's gonna be a long day. . .

It is 7:09 in the morning and I'm wide awake. I've been up since at least 5:00, fighting to go back to sleep. My girls don't have school today which means I could sleep in, but NOOOOOOOOOO I'm completely awake. I've started a load of laundry, fed the cat, fed the dog, and did the left over dishes from last night.

Did I mention that everyone else is still sleeping? So here it is, 7:00 and I'm on the computer, typing quietly with only a muted desk lamp on to keep me from going blind. My youngest daughter--part of the reason I'm up so darn early--is asleep on the couch behind me so I can't do too much more without waking her up.

The internet is indeed the savior of insomniacs. . .

Oh, I want to shout out a HUGE THANK YOU to Cheyenne McCray for her AWESOMENESS!!! If anyone besides me reads the comments section you'll notice Chey pops in quite regularly. This woman is so busy she makes me look like a slacker. She is also one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met. She took time out of her damn busy schedule to read my book BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR that comes out on Wednesday and give me an advanced quote. I can't tell you how much that means to a newbie like myself.

In the great sea of books out there, consumers have millions of books to choose from so getting them to pick yours takes a lot of work. Hey, I understand that, money is hard to come by and why would you want to waste it on someone you don't know? Lots of people know Cheyenne McCray, especially after her FABULOUS book FORBIDDEN MAGIC came out. That sucker is HOT! And I'm not just talking about the sex scenes. I read that book in one sitting and wanted MORE MORE MORE. (Luckily there's a sequel coming out! Yay!)
Sorry, went off on a tangent there. . . Anyway, the point I'm trying to make in my little sleep deprived way is that I appreciate the help of the authors who have gone before me and paved the way for my success. I really, really hope that as I grow as an author I too can help others.

THANKS CHEY!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gosh, Ari. Thank you for your wonderful comments and compliments!!! I was awfully surprised when I came to drop by. BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR was a real pleasure to read. Hey, I think EROTIC STRANGER comes out Wed., too, mine and my dh's 20th anniversary. :-) Mine is just a Quickie. Here's to them both doing well!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking forward to reading BTED, Ari!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home