Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Housework

Blurg. I've spent most of my day doing two things I really hate. Grocery shopping and laundry. I have three children, a husband, a cat, and a dog. That doesn't sound like much, but honestly I feel like I feed and do laundry for a platoon of dirty marines. Dirty, hungry marines.

When I go grocery shopping I haul hundreds of dollars of food into the cart until it's overflowing and I have to be careful not to go over any bumps so the whole thing doesn't fall over. Then I haul all the food onto the conveyer belt, then it all goes back into the cart. Then into the car. Then out of the car and into the house. Then I have to unload it all and put it away. Talk about a workout!

After that I have to do my children's laundry. You'd think three little girls whose combined weight is less than a hundred pounds wouldn't have so darn much laundry but I swear they must change clothes three times a day. I do laundry just for them 3 times a week and could probably do it more often.

What does this have to do with writing? Not a darn thing, but it's all I did today and I need to complain about it to someone. Aren't you the lucky souls who got picked?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    like ferfelabat, I do feel your pain. With 3 sons ranging from 10 to 18, the laundry is outrageous and I swear all they do is eat!!!!!!

    Come see my cowboy of the week. He's very, er, motivating.

    Hugs!

    Chey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home