Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lists

I have a lot to do in the next two days. A LOT!!! I leave for my vacation on Saturday morning at 4:00. Before I leave I need to do grocery shopping for the people who are taking care of my children, clean the house because my mother-in-law is coming on Friday, write notes to the kids' teachers, do the laundry, change the sheets, set out new towels, take the girls to dance class, take my 4 year old and her friend to Chuck E. Cheese, clean the litter box, water the plants, wind the clock, make dinners, do a list mommy day at EC, go no mail on all my groups, send out thank you notes from the 4 year old's birthday, by a birthday present for her friend's birthday, go to Weight Watchers, go to the bank, return the library books. . .

Okay, I can't even think about all the other things I have to do. That's why I have lists.
I LOVE lists!
I have lists for what to pack, what to pack at the last minute, what I'm going to wear, what I need to do, what I need to buy, who I need to talk to etc. Right now on any given surface of my house there is a minimum of one list. Sometimes two.
Writing down what I need to do, and better yet, checking items off as I do them gives me a great deal of satisfaction. I feel like if I write it down I won't forget to do it, so that takes the stress off.
Well, some of it anyway.

And, on that note, this will probably be my last blog entry until I get back from the cruise. Tomorrow is insane so I doubt I'll get much computer time and then I'll be sitting on a beach chair in the Caribbean sipping fruity drinks with mini-umbrellas. Hope you have fun without me, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. . . that gives you A LOT of leeway!!!!

Take care everyone!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    I hope you have a fantastic time, and that you can come home thoroughly relaxed and rested!
    (I still hate you, though! *ggg*)

    And it's another clue to the whole "twins-separated-at-birth" thing -- I'm a major list person, too. There's nothing like crossing off items, and then putting the paper in the recycle bin when it's all done!

    I wonder if there's some sort of 12-step program for us... :D

    Again, have a GREAT time, and drop a line when you get back!

    K.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a WONDERFUL vacation!!!! Smart girl, making lists. I'm so bad about that. I do put things into my desktop daytimer which helps!

    Have fun!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said…

    Don't feel bad--I actually keep a list of my lists. Seriously.
    And I plot my novels using visio spreadsheets (although my editor insists I translate them into text before sending them to her).

    Ah, well. I'm a Virgo--what can I say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home