Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Birthday Blizzard

Well,
I had pictures of the blizzard that tore through here yesterday, but for some reason, they won't upload. I'll try again later, I promise. You have to see this to believe it.

We haven't had much snow in 2006, until of course my birthday. You see, having a birthday in February in New England is a dangerous thing. Over the course of my 30 something years, I've had several parties called off because of snow. For some reason, we could be having the mildest of winters, but if it's my birthday BAMM! The white stuff is a-falling.

Actually, the snow didn't affect my birthday celebrating too much. My big plans involved, painting. Oh yay. But, I did manage to get my entire bedroom painted!!! Yayayayayayayaya!
We still have to finish painting the trim, but I no longer have to wake up to pink walls every morning. Happy Birthday to me!

Now, if you think I'm being a little odd, you need to understand that we've lived in the house almost 9 years. Every room has been decorated either once or twice, but not our bedroom. For some reason we're always last on the list. Finally we bit the bullet and started the painting project, and actually finished most of it in one weekend. Will miracles never cease!

Now we just have to get rid of the pink rug and the total transformation of our house will be done! Yay!

I'll try to put up pictures as soon as Blogger lets me!
Ari

4 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    Kate's got photos on her Blog. :D

    Glad to hear about the reno. I can't wait until this house is *finally* shipshape, too... *sigh*

    ps. I tagged you on my Blog. *eg*

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happpppppppy biiiiiiirrrrrrthdaaaaaayyyyyy
    deeeear aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiieeeee
    happy birthday to you!!!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Happy birthday, Ari!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    PS I owe you lunch, it seems. I mean your BIRTHDAY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home