Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The power of silence. . .

I never realized how much I enjoy silence until this week. As anyone who knows me knows I'm a social person and love to talk. I'm not exactly shy, and I can carry on a conversation with a house plant.

That being said, I would give my left arm to have an hour of silence this week.

My darling daughters are home from school vacation and I can get NADA done. I made a deal with them that if they just let me work a few hours in the morning I'd take them places and do things with them after lunch. Yes, I bribed them, but I figured it wouldn't kill them to amuse themselves for a few hours. I mean, the weather has been beautiful, we have a big back yard and a trampoline, they should be able to play for 4 hours, right?

OH SO VERY WRONG!!!

I can't even go to the bathroom without someone calling for me. Case in point, I had all three girls sitting in front of the TV with bowls of ice cream. One would think life would be good for a while right? WRONG! I managed to get one paragraph of this written before my oldest came in to talk to me.

And to think, I couldn't wait until they could walk and talk. Sigh, I miss the days when they were trapped in car seats and cribs. . .

Only three more days until they go back to school!
Ari. . .

3 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! Sorry, laughing with you. *g* My boys are all older and can occupy themselves for some time. But whole new problems come up with them growing up. Especially teenagers. Groan. All that teen anst., moodiness, aaaaahhhhhrrrrgggg. At least for a short tine longer I have my 10 y.o. who isn't a moody teenager anymore. I asked him if he was going to be one, and he said we'll just have to see. LOL.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    exxxxxcccccuuuuse me? You got at least 8 pages and some fab plotting done with them around. I read 'em so I know.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Caffey said…

    Ari, I smiled cuz I tell you, I have that problem too, they sign everything they want, coming over tapping my shoulder while i'm reading or on computer. I never realized how much a 16 year old son depended on me. But its nice I don't miss hearing their arguements, LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home