Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kids at play

This weekend I watched my daughters playing outside and just marveled that these little people were once tiny babies inside my womb. Several of our friends are pregnant now and it's got me thinking about how fast things change.

When I'm trying to get things done, it seems like my kids will NEVER grow up, that they'll always be hanging on me, calling for me, barging in on me when I'm trying to pee, and crawling into my bed in the middle of the night. But when I really think about it, they've changed so much in such a short period of time, it's mindboggling.

Think about it, in the last 4 years, how much have you changed? My youngest went from a drooling infant to learning to ride a bike and going to pre-school. My oldest went from pre-school to *proud mommy moment* being picked as the school's representive for the young author program. From just learning to tie her shoes and make letters, to writing short stories and riding a two wheeler.

Instead of feeling meloncholy the next time I think about how fast it's gone, and instead of getting frustrated when it doesn't seem like it's going fast enough, I think I'm going to make an effort to just enjoy them as they are RIGHT NOW.

And I think maybe I'll call my folks and say thanks for being pretty awesome parents when it can't have been easy.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Yes, hold onto these times, Ari. My older nephew graduates high school in two months. Sometimes when I visit, I turn the corner expecting to see him as a nine year old.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I keep thinking my kids are growing up way too fast. I want to treasure them.

    But right now I want my 18-year-old to MOVE OUT. LOL He's driving us all CRAZY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home