Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The struggle continues

Some of you might remember in September I started going to Weight Watchers because I had reached the weight at which I'd been when I was about to deliver my middle child. Since I don't have a child growing inside me, that weight was unacceptable and I wanted to do something about it.

Well, it's seven months later, and after many ups and downs (more ups) I've finally hit the twenty pound mark. I'd still like to lose another ten pounds to get back to where I was before I got pregnant with my third daughter, but this is a big milestone.

And it hasn't been easy.

I love food. I love to eat and have cocktails, I love to entertain with food, celebrate with food, console myself with food, you name it I do it with food. Changing my lifestyle to be more in control of what I eat instead of throwing myself into the vicious cycle of gorging and starving is not fun. But it is necessary.

Heart and vascular disease run rampant in my family. I can't take the risk of leaving my girls alone because I have a heart attack at age 40. I don't smoke, I don't eat much red meat, I exercise, and I try to control my cholesterol intake.

But I still love to eat.

My goal is to lose five more pounds before RT in May. Now that I'm near my goal weight it's going to be even harder to lose the weight. I have to keep the picture of my tiny little costume for the EC party firmly in mind. I bought the darn thing, I'm going to wear it, I might as well look good in it.

Now if only my secret stash of chocolate would stop calling my name. . .

4 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    You can do it, Ari! I have faith. Great job on losing the 20 pounds. Picture me cheering for you!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Marjorie Jones said…

    Huge congrats, Ari! You're my offical role model. My father-in-law just had a small series of strokes, all weight and blood pressure related. What a wake up call. So, I'm back on the wagon too. I want to lose a few pounds before RT, but with only a few weeks to go, I'm sure I'll be a little more tone, but other than that... no little costumes for Marjorie LOL. But wait until Houston! My goal is to wear hipsters. I scold my daughter for wearing them (she's too young to be GADS... sexy!), but my guilty secret is... I'm jealous LOL. I wanna wear 'em too.

    Good luck on the 5 more pounds and if it helps, I'm counting on you to prove it can be done! No pressure *grin*

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    Yeah, Ari! Congrats on the 20! I knew you could do it!!

    I'm on my way, too -- I just forked over *gulp* several hundred dollars and am now a proud member of the YMCA. Next step is booking a personal trainer... :)

    Keep on going! I know you can! Proud of you, chica! :)

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    congratulations! Now that's wonderful--it's not even swimsuit weather yet.

    and I don't hate you. Really, I don't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home