Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I want to be a bear

I want to be a bear. I want to hibernate all winter and avoid having to dress in layers just so I can get the garbage can without freezing my butt off. I like the idea of eating all summer so I can get a nice layer of fat to sustain me through the winter months too. I could make a great bear, I'm sure of it.

If it wasn't for eating the raw fish, I'd be all over it. . .

If you haven't guessed, it's DAMN COLD in Connecticut right now. It's actually warmer today than it was the last two days, but that's still FREAKING FREEZING! It's the kind of cold that when you breathe in it feels like you're sucking in something solid.

I know, I know, a few months ago I was whining about it being hot and humid. I whine a lot, haven't you figured that out by now? I think I'm just not an extreme weather person. I like things in the middle of the road, 70's-80's with a warm breeze. Is that too much to ask for?

Apparently, it is since right now it's 33 with an arctic blast blowing through. The weather gurus are predicting more snow tomorrow, but it doesn't feel like it. We'll see what happens. Trust me, if we get hit with "significant accumulation" you'll be sure to hear about it. My husband LOVES the snow, so I have to complain about it somewhere, hahahahaha.

In other news, I sold another story to Ellora's Cave! Yippee!! I can't give any deets yet because the contract hasn't been signed by all parties, but when it does I'll give you the scoop!

Try to stay warm everyone!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    Wah, wah, wah.

    Sorry, no sympathy from this corner. It was -24 Celsius the other morning (that's a BALMY -11F) -- and that's not counting the windchill.

    So all I can say is, suck it up, chickie. ;)

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    Oh, and totally forgot -- CONGRATS on the next sale! You rock, doll! :)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Congrats on the new sale, Ari!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home