Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

So that's what we're supposed to be doing!

According to a friend of mine, having a blog is supposed to be a sort of promo/author thing, not just an avenue for me to ramble on about nothing. Who knew?

I guess I'm supposed to be talking about writerly pursuits and challenges other than surviving winter vacation with my children. I'm supposed to be giving whatever poor slobs find their way to my blog advice about how to write.

Now that would be interesting! If I had any good advice, I'd share it, honestly. I don't know any secrets for writing other than, apply your butt to the chair and fingers to the keyboard and keep at it.

So what else am I supposed to talk about besides my kids and my "I Love Lucy" life?

Oh! I know! Here's something authorly! I got my first freaking review for BEHIND THE ENCHANTE DOOR today. Now if you're going, "and?" let me 'splain. This story was ripped from my head almost totally complete. Usually I figure things out as I go along. This one just popped out from a dream I had. It's a bit different from the other things I've written and I've been a nervous wreck about it. I mean, this story meant a lot to me. What if no one liked it??

I've been DYING for feedback on it from someone who doesn't know me and is looking to spare my feelings. I finally got my first review from JERR and it was a 5!!! Yippee! I feel much better because I don't know the reviewer so she could have panned me without worrying about my feelings. Thank God she didn't!

I'm sure I'll get some bad reviews too, but at least the first one was positive. Whew!

So, does that count as an author type post? Tomorrow I'll talk about the kids, hahaha. If I act too much like an author people are going to want real advice, then I'm up the creek!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home