Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Winter driving

My daughter's pre-school is 12 miles from my driveway. Now, this being Connecticut, those 12 miles include crossing a river and going through three towns, but you get the point. It's NOT that far away. Because of the snow my 15-20 minute ride took me 45 minutes to complete and I practically kissed the ground when I got home.

Yes, we're getting snow, oh joy. I am a very cautious snow driver. I used to work on an ambulance and I know what can happen to idiots who think having 4-wheel drive means they can drive 65 mph in snow.

Even with going barely 30 mph and having 4X4 things were still dicey out there. I saw several accidents and even more near accidents. Most of them could be attributed to rampent stupidity rather than the weather.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that when it's snowing and visibility is limited YOU SLOW THE HECK DOWN. But maybe that's just me. Maybe some people need the flashing signs that say "Slippery Conditions: Use Caution".

And please don't get me started on the idiots who think driving a high priced car such as a BMW or a Lexus entitles them to drive faster, move lanes willy-nilly, and stop without causing a five car pile-up. At least I know if one of those idiots runs into me, it'll be a lot cheaper to fix my car than theirs. . .

Stay safe everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    I did 2 180s on Thursday. That's the day we're talking about right?

    I think it was the most slippery day in CT this winter. Yikes!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TG we don't get snow. I don't like snow. Did I mention I'm a wimp when it comes to cold? :-)

    I drive a BMW SUV and honestly I don't drive like an idiot. But I do have good insurance. *g*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home