Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vanity

Do you think you're vain? Do you know anyone truly vain? What exactly is vanity? These are questions I ask myself as I look at other people who I think are so much prettier than I am. I'll admit, I like to look nice when I know I'm going out. I have a rule of thumb about dressing up and makeup. I only apply makeup and wear heels if there's going to be drinks involved. Generally speaking I spend most of my days in jeans, sweats, or long, cotton skirts. Trust me, I'm more worried about comfort than appearance.

BUTTTT on the days I do dress up and go through the effort to blow dry my hair, I think I look pretty good. At least until I catch a glimpse of my mommy belly in the mirror, or notice my hair flying all over my head, or the fact that my feet look like canoes. . . You get the picture.

I look at some of the people I'm friends with who I think are stunning, and I wonder if they notice things about themselves that no one else does. I mean, is anyone REALLY comfortable with their appearance, or am I the only neurotic, insecure one?

For the most part I don't think about my looks, it's not like I get dressed up to go to the grocery store (like the rest of my town does) and except for the few times I've run into ex-boyfriends when I've been in sweats, my glasses, and my hair in a sloppy bun, I really don't worry about it.
Does that mean I'm not vain? Hmmmm, things to think about.

Have a great day!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Beth Ciotta said…

    You're not vain. You're normal. :) At least what I think of as normal, because I think the majority of women are insecure about their looks. I know I am. Most of my friends are. For what it's worth, Ari, I think you're stunning. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home