Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Go UCONN!!!

It's March Madness and I'm totally stoked!!! I love college basketball, especially women's basketball. My team is the UConn Huskies and I've been following the women's team since the early 90's. One of my very close friends was on the team from 88-92, before the women's game was ever televised. Now every UConn game is broadcasted. It's a beautiful thing.

My husband is a graduate from Villanova, which makes things interesting right about now because it is the Big East Tournament. He'll root for the UConn women, but he'd rather eat paint than root for the men. It makes for some spirited discussions come game time. . .

I'm also a big baseball fan, love my Red Sox even if they do make me crazy. I think one of the ingrained parts of being a Red Sox fan is the ultimate certainty that they'll kill you in the end. That's part of the fun. How far will they get before they totally self-destruct??

Ahhh, the life lessons in sports. What else would we New Englanders have to pass the time in the depressing winter months except live vicariously through healthy, fit, people exerting themselves while we eat and drink on the couch?

Hope some spring weather is on the horizon for you too!
GO UCONN!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn. I adore the University of Arizona's men's basketball team, but I just haven't been keeping up with things, so I don't even know how they're doing. They're usually pretty kickass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home