Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Ups and Downs

You ever have one of those days/weeks where it seems like just as you climb out of the mire of chaos that is your life something else knocks you back down? That's kind of where I am right now. All three of my girls are home sick today with some weird virus that has them coughing and hacking along with a fever. I'm spending most of my time getting water, rubbing backs, putting in movies, playing dolls, etc.

What I'm not doing is writing, which I desperately need to do.

On the other hand, I've had two very awesome things happen yesterday.

One, I got a KICK ASS review for BEHIND THE ENCHANTED DOOR which warmed the cockles of my heart. (What is a cockle anyway?) It was from Dawn at Loves Romances and if you want to check it out, here's the link. . . http://www.lovesromances.com

The other thing that was totally wicked was that my publisher from Samhain was contacted by Borders and Samhain books are going to be carried in all Borders and Walden's Book stores!!!

Can I get an OH YEAH?????

Not only will Borders carry my Samhain books, they'll be carrying them SOON. Samhain books are going to print THREE MONTHS after digital release. YE HAW!!!!! That means SPITFIRE will be in a Borders near you in August! How cool is that? DOOR should be out in print around the same time so I'll have two books on the shelves!!

I don't know if I can explain how much it means to an author to hold something they created in their hands like that. Other than having another child (which ain't gonna happen) there's no more visceral feeling.

So, as I run from runny nose to runny nose and get ginger ale and toast for whiny children, I'm going to try to keep the good news formost in my mind and not let the bad vibes win.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Ari

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Arianna! So sorry to hear the girls are sick. But congrats on all the great news!

    TAG--you're it! Describe your Perfect Partner. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home