Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Finally! Pictures



Finally! I was able to get the pictures to load! As you can can see, I was seriously excited to be at the concert. I'm still excited and it's been over for weeks.

My friend said after the show, now everytime I hear them I'm going to think about being there, and she's so right. I love live music, there's just nothing better than the energy from a concert.

In my misspent youth I went to a lot of Grateful Dead shows. After every show I felt like the power of the crowd filled me to the brim and I was surrounded by all those good vibes. I can only imagine what it must be like for the performers to have thousands of people singing songs they wrote and having all those good vibes sent in their direction. It must be an incredible feeling.

As a writer I feel a certain kinship with singers. It's not because I can sing, that's for sure. I have no rhythm, am tone deaf, and couldn't find the right note with a compass and a roadmap. But, I do know what it's like to put your emotions into something that goes out for public consumption. I know the joy you feel when someone "gets" what you wrote, and I know the anxiety you feel when someone judges your work.

I also know the pain of promoting your work, and how hard it is to strike a balance between your craft and the necessisty of doing business.

I have no idea what it's like to have hordes of swarming groupies though, hahahaha.
Have a great day!
Ari

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's funny you mention singers and songwriters. I just listen to songs, amazed at that incredible talent, wondering how they put together those lyrics and music and make it come out so wonderful. Sounds like you had a great time!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home