Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day Two

Okay, I went back to my story and read a little of what I've written. I found a bunch of mistakes, but overall, I really like it.

It's almost weird for me to just sit and write something that has no home. Usually I write stories for a particular publishing house in mind. I go into it with a mindset. This time I have no pre-conceived ideas or agendas. I'm just writing because it's fun.

It's been a long time since that's happened.
Not that I don't LOVE writing, I do. I love creating worlds and stories and getting to know my characters, but I always have a little voice in the back of my head sort of reigning me in. For example, for one of the houses I write for, I have to use specific words and have a greater number of sex scenes in my books. For another house I have to watch particular comma issues. For a potential third one, I really have to balance the romance and the suspense and be careful about swearing.

For this book I can do whatever the hell I want!!!! It's very freeing. I'm not worried about what I'll have to edit out because I don't have a home for it. As it stands, I've written 10,000 words and am actually getting drawn deeper into the story. Things I'd never planned on happening are happening and it might be a lot longer than I'd originally expected.

I kind of figure it'll end up going on my website as a free read at some point, but we'll see where it leads. Who knows what will happen to it as it takes on a life of its own?

All I know is, writing is fun again. If that's all I get from this story, it's enough.

I'll keep you posted on my word count as time goes on.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home